Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IP ADDRESS CONFLICT

• Please log in to reply

Erin29

Erin29

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey, I connect to the internet via my HTC Thunderbolt...Use a usb cord that plugs from my phone to the puter..then hit "internet connection mode" on my phone and voila! Im connected. A few months ago I started getting an error "Ip address conflict" and I would lose my connection. Sooo, I googled and found the ipconfig/release and renew deal...fixed it..no problems..now it has started again. Only this time, release and renew is not working. I've done it a zillion times and still keep getting disconnected. It's driving ME NUTS..Any help? Thanks!

Advertisements

Nutloaf

Nutloaf

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,790 posts
Hi Erin29,

I am a newbie here, but will try to help. I've looked into this and find that you are not alone. I see that you found ipconfig/release fix. Have you tried updating the routers firmware? This might do the trick,you can download through the manufacturers website. One more thing to try would be a hard reset of the HTC. I hope this helps, if not please get back to us, there are plenty of members more qualified than me to help you.

Edited by Nutloaf, 24 February 2012 - 04:40 PM.