Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Do I need Flash?!

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've got some interactive documents that need to go on my company website. Currently they are on PowerPoint slides and when in slide show mode pop-ups are activated using animations that have text and links in them. However, uploaded onto the website this looks awful as users have to open into PowerPoint and enter into slideshow mode to receive full functionality. Can I use Flash to create the same thing but have it on the website, fully functional?

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
Using a media that does not required opening a program that some viewers may not have would be a better idea. Flash would be a good option as long as the usual warning is given should the viewer's browser not have the flash plug-in.

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
You can convert the powerpoint to flash using free tools. Here's one that I have used in the past, works great:
Free PowerPoint® to Flash® Converter