Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BlueRay DVD Player Stopped Working

• Please log in to reply

Gene R

Gene R

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
HP Pavilion Entertainment PC DV7-3165DX
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit System
The BDDVD player is: HP-BDDVD/RW CT10L
Fireware: YC09 - Latest as I can determine
HP Site indicates the Driver installed is the latest/greatest

Wife played a BD disk Sunday then attempted to continue it Monday and it will not play it. The laptop is ~2.5 years old and have not had any problems previously. The system uses HP MediaSmart for DVDs. When you put the DVD in and close the drawer MS launches, identifies the disk and says to click Play to begin. When you click Play, the controls go away and a dialog box asking if I want to check for upgrades opens with the options of Yes or No.

If doesn't matter which you chose, it comes back to 'Click Play To Begin' and when you do nothing happens.

Read several treads online and others have had this issue but the treads never lead to a solution.

Any thoughts, suggestions?

Thanks in advance.....

02/241/2012 - Last night I found a HP theard and it suggested uninstalling HP MediaSmart and re-install it. I did that and it played an older Blu-Ray disk but when I put in the new 'Breaking Dawn' it will not load and then older Blu-Ray will not play again.
The Thread suggested installing the 'newest' version of HP MediaSmart which I did and still the old and new Blu-Rays will not play.
Then the suggestion was to install PowerDVD. I did and it will not play 'Breaking Dawn'. Their latest/greatest version will cost...with no gaurantee it will play the latest Blu-Ray...
Hope this adds some light to the issue and maybe help in determining what might be going on... Thanks..

Edited by Gene R, 24 February 2012 - 11:53 AM.

Advertisements