Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows won't log in

• Please log in to reply

williaiverson

williaiverson

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
my computer prompts me back to the log on screen every time i log in. I tried to restore it to an earlier time when it was working but it still does the same thing and i don't know what to do anymore. I have gotten help from ya before so please help me fix this problem.

Thank you

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Please provide

1. Make and full model if it is a branded computer

2. What O/S ie Vista, 7 and what version ie Vista Home Basic Windows 7 Professional etc.

3. Do you have any discs and if so which

4. What message if any is displayed after you type the log-on password. OR at any stage in the procedure.

5. What problems if any did you have ebfore this occurred.

6. Has anything untoward happened with the computer for instance if it is a laptop - has anything been spilt on the keyboard etc.

You certainly have not with respect provided enough detail to attempt to solve the problem
If you have tried a system restore was this from the DVD/CD boot or from the F8 menu

williaiverson

williaiverson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
I have a toshiba satellite l655. It is pretty brand new as i just bought a couple months ago. i don't know what version windows 7 it is but i am sure it is not professional. I do not have any cds. I was surfing the web when my computer suddenly just shut down. I did not witness any virus problems. When i boot it back up and type in my password at the loggin menu it just loads for a half a second then says logging off to prompt me back to the log in menu. i have tried system restore and nothing worked.

williaiverson

williaiverson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
i did the system restore from safe mode

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts

I have a toshiba satellite l655. It is pretty brand new as i just bought a couple months ago

Firstly in view of this and as always our policy of best advice - it would be foolhardy in the extreme to continue with ANY attempt to solve the problem.

ANYTHING you may do, or indeed anything I may suggest, MAY if it does not work, only weaken your case for a warrantry repair.

The fact that you can load Safe Mode was not of course mentioned, it is a most relevant detail.

Safe Mode, depending if you have still accessed it on the same account, loads only a minimal set of drivers and programs and it loads the generic graphics driver.

It provides a clue as to what may be the cause, but it does not alter my advice, in any respect.

If you run any fixes you may find and they do not work, you should bear in mind that the warrantry repair tech will know immediately what has been run etc.

Take it back if the warrantry service is return to base or call them out if it is a home service.

williaiverson

williaiverson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
i need your help because i do not have a warranty

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
please explain just a little more.

No warrantry on a two month old computer

williaiverson

williaiverson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
Its not 2 months old. More like 7 months and i did not purchase the store warranty with it. i cannot even find the receit

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
I am sorry, but MY decision is that I cannot help.

You generally do not purchase a warrantry.
You may purchase an extended service agreement.

I have considered the situation and although I MAY be wrong.
I have decided that your request for help falls outside the terms of this site.

We do not offer help if in any way we suspect that the request MAY or COULD have the slightest possibility if falling into this category, from our Terms of Use

Due to the nature of online help we are not able to verify ownership, and will not be able to help bypass or recover any user passwords, cd keys, license codes, serial numbers, etc.

I appreciate that you are not per se asking for help with passwords license codes etc.
NEVERTHELESS I have decided that, on the evdience available, not to offer help.

I apologise if you find this post in any way insulting to you, or you decide that it questions your legal and proper possession of the computer.

That is not the intention, it is simply to explain why I have decided to err on the side of caution.

Finally
If you consider MY decision, unfair, unjustified etc, please click on the REPORT button on the left of the post and ask for a review. The report button will automatically ensure that the post is reviewed by a Moderator or Administrator.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I'm going to chime in here due to the situation.
williaiverson when you buy a brand new laptop, desktop or anything brand new there is a warranty for it usually 30 days or so from the place you bought it. After that period the manufacturer them self warranty the system for a year. What Macboatmaster is saying is that there is a valid warranty on the system through the manufacturer which in your case would be Toshiba. They would be the ones to contact to have the work done under warranty. Short of maybe shipping cost it should not cost you anything and in some cases they even pay for the shipping back to you.
We can find the contact numbers for you to call them if you like. We hesitate on helping with any system under warranty since it could void the warranty depending on what we do. It is not personal but just for your safety as it should be the manufacturer who covers the issue unless it is a software issue.
I will be happy to assist if you like but if you feel it is a hardware issue I would strongly suggest you contact Toshiba and have the problem resolved at no cost to you to avoid in the future having to pay for repairs which may be taken care of now.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 18 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.