Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"Safe Mode" intrusion in "Normal mode" !?

• Please log in to reply

iBenny

iBenny

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hi Bravehearts,

When I boot into F8 - "Safe mode", I get there. The startup login screen displays two users : "Admin" and "Me" (with admin priviledge). I always log in "Me".

When I boot in Normal mode, the login screen always bypasses the user choice and always log me in Me without asking (hint to tell that I'm booting in "normal" mode).

Now, wnen I exit safe mode and reboot, I don't interfere expecting a "normal" connection. BUT... the logon screen now asks me a user choice instead of automaticaly logging in "Me" ! Hummm ?

When in session (normal screen resolution/wallpaper/cursorFx cursor, etc...), I notice that I have lost my taskbar XP color (blue) and also the Start left pane theme. I have reverted to the "safe mode" default colors ! weired !

Ok, maybe a bug or a corruption somewhere but, nothing very critical at this point.

Now, I try to connecting to Internet... IMPOSSIBLE ! I open taskbar Start but... NO connection menu anymore ! I "rightclick | properties" over the network desktop icon and... the "Remote Access Connection Manager" (RACM) is not running, the message says !

So I Run | "services.msc" to enable the service to find that the majority of the services are shut !? :blink: Weirder... I then restart the RACM service and a message tels me that... the service cannot be started in... "SAFE MODE" !!! :surrender: WHAT ? I've booted "normal", the desktop looks "normal" but I am supposed to be in... "Safe mode" ?

I checked the Boot.ini file and it look "normal" (as in "normal mode" boot) :
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professionnel" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

The only way to get back into normal mode was to reboot F8 into the "Last Known Good Configuration" !!!

Somebody can make any sense out of this ? :confused:

Kind regards, iBenny

Edited by iBenny, 29 February 2012 - 08:40 AM.

Advertisements

iBenny

iBenny

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
No Geeks here can address this problem ? :whistling:

Regards

iBenny

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I would suggest you post in the Waiting Room since your topic has gone 5 months without a response. That should hopefully get a Tech to assist you quickly then
:thumbsup: