Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error Message

• Please log in to reply

Adrenalin777

Adrenalin777

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Hello GTG people.

Tiz me again. Hope you all doing good?

Anyway, got an issue with software again.

Whenever I open an excel template (A Pricelist to be exact) Office tells me that "Microsoft Access 29010 requires visual basic for applications, if you continue, visual basic for applications will be installed" and all that nonsense. Fact is, it doesn't install and never used to come up. Can't figure out what I would have installed to make it say that?

Any ideas? Google seems to point me to a fix but it also doesn't work.

HELP!

Thanks

Advertisements

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Hello Adrenalin777 and welcome to geeks to go!

Try running the Office Customization Tool in Office 2010 and enable the installation of Visual Basic for Applications feature under Office Shared Features.

Let me know if this helps,

Ax

Adrenalin777

Adrenalin777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Hello Adrenalin777 and welcome to geeks to go!

Try running the Office Customization Tool in Office 2010 and enable the installation of Visual Basic for Applications feature under Office Shared Features.

Ax

Ax, that looks like total gibberish to me :(

I have no idea how to even get the customization tool to show me a GUI? Is the file about 16mb in size? Do I have the right thing?

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Let's hold on that link for now, I just noticed that the instructions are for volume licensed versions of Office. If you have your installation disk, just put that in and run the setup from the disk. There should be a Customize option (or similar), then see if you can find the feature listed above and make sure it is checked in Office Shared Features in the Installation Options tab, then proceed with setup.

Ax

Adrenalin777

Adrenalin777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Thanks,

Tried that, no help.

It's only got a repair, enter serial key, etc features when inserted. Clicked the customize one, went to office shared featres, made sure visual basic was ran from my computer... rebooted. Nothing :/

rumours on google reckon I have some kind of abode plugin running. Not to sure that's it though.

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Let's see what kind of add-ins you have installed. Open your file in Access, go to the Office Button, choose Access Options, please post what is listed in the Add-ins view, Active Application Add-ins. Please also do the same for Excel.

Adrenalin777

Adrenalin777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
It says I don't have any.

Can't install any either.

Adrenalin777

Adrenalin777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Still stuck :(

Thinking of uninstalling and reinstalling but then outlook has so much stuff to backup.... ugh.

ANYONE got anything for me here...