Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE
Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of friendly volunteers serve up answers and support. Get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message and all ads will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account Login to Account

need new pcu

• Please log in to reply

Fatimah Bohannan

Fatimah Bohannan

• Pip
  • 3 posts
after review of the forum i figured i need a new pcu, but dont know what type to buy or what i should be looking for.

Advertisement

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 14,520 posts
:welcome: Fatimah Bohannan

after review of the forum i figured i need a new pcu, but dont know what type to buy or what i should be looking for.

Not sure what you mean!
PC = Personal Computer.
CPU = Central Processing Unit ( The Processor )

Which of these do you require assistance with?

Fatimah Bohannan

Fatimah Bohannan

• Pip
  • 3 posts
i am sorry i mean a new power supply unit (psu). it was a typo.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 14,520 posts
Ok thanks for clearing that up :thumbsup:

You need to provide information about your computer, this includes is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if it is provide the model name or series number (not serial) providing these details will enable others to better assist you.

Not all PSUs will fit in the different size cases, full and mid tower desktops are commonly ok but the SFF (small form factor) size cases often have a smaller size and quite often shape PSU.

Fatimah Bohannan

Fatimah Bohannan

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have a dell believe it is a deminison e510. Sorry for the spelling.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 14,520 posts
If you can confirm that the PC at the link http://support.dell....om/WD846A02.pdf is yours it is good news as most ATX PSUs will fit, there is also a guide showing how to swap out the existing PSU @ http://support.dell....1.htm#wp1354645

A couple of questions before you go any further, 1: Why do you think you require a new PSU and 2: If you do need a new PSU what is your maximum budget so that we can make the appropriate suggestions.

Advertisement