Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ethernet Controller Was Not Found

• Please log in to reply

Harjinder

Harjinder

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Respected Sir,
With due respect I am using Intel DG31PR motherboard and windows xp professional.On my computer show me the message ethernet controller was not found.I download latest Lan driver from intel download center and install it on my computer but unable to solve the problem on my computer no local area network icon is displayed.So Kindly guide me from where I found ethernet controller for my Realtek RTL8111-GR Gigabit Ethernet Controller which was pre installed on my Intel DG31PR motherboard.I contact Intel but they unable to solve the problem.Thanking You

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Welcome to GeekstoGo

Is this the driver you installed
http://downloadcente...nloadType=#help

If not - that is the correct driver so download that and install it.
Follow the instructions on the link.
Also on that page if you need is the link to Troubleshooting Network issues on Intel boards

Reboot the computer
Go start, Right click my computer, click properties, click the hardware tab and click device manager, on the network entry or indeed any other entry is there any warning - a red or yellow mark on the left hand side of the devices listing.
Click the View tab, click show hidden devices - is there any warnings shown.

On Control Panel, Network connections what is shown for the adaptor please.
Is it enabled it will say - enabled or disabled
Right click, if repair is available click that.

If the adaptor is NOT shown on either device manager or in Control Panel Network check in the BIOS that enable onboard LAN is configured

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Harjinder
It is now some seven - 7 - days since you asked for help.
A reply was posted the same day and you have not yet responded.

Please update your thread and kindly indicate if you still require help