Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

nvidia driver?

• Please log in to reply

DarkSchalie

DarkSchalie

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
was just looking up my computer on hp's site for fun, and I noticed that under graphics, it had a nvidia geforce driver available. my computer's graphics card is intel gma x3100. any possible reason as to why a nvidia geforce driver update is available?

link : http://h10025.www1.h...ct=3689877#N292

p.s. - Sorry if the lack of uppercase letters bothers you, i tend to type in lowercase a lot :P

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP

Sorry if the lack of uppercase letters bothers you, i tend to type in lowercase a lot

Well, proper case is always best as it makes for easier reading and instills confidence that the writer has more than a couple marbles up there. Still, all lowercase is much better than all uppercase, which is harder to read, and is considered rude - shouting.

As to your driver question, note there could be more than one model of your notebook and also note the chipset for these include some graphics routines, as well as the graphics solution itself. And it looks like one of the drivers is for the chipset and the other is for the graphics.

I would advise against updating drivers unless you are having problems the driver may fix. And I note on that page there is a Check Now button to scan your system to determine what you need.