Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista - Windows Command Center keeps popping up grandxmilicgqbiw.exe

• Please log in to reply

jeffcrust

jeffcrust

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello!

Using Vista Home Edition, a prompt called "Windows Command Center" keeps appearing (won't let me print screen) saying that it needs my permission to continue and it lists the following programs:

Windows Command Processor
Microsoft Windows
"C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe" /C
"C:\Users\KAYLIJ~1\appdata\loc...\grandxmilicgqbiw.exe"

Everytime I press cancel or close the prompt, it immediately returns. I've found the strange file and deleted it but it keeps coming back and no matter what I do, the prompt seems to return. Whilst the internet is working fine, I can't get onto most security related websites like AVG or Symantec, it just instantly gives "this page cannot be displayed" so I'm assuming it's a rather nasty virus but I'm not sure where to get started... I've managed to download AVG from a different location and it has picked up quite a few "Win32/Heur" threats which it says it has successfuly removed (which I doubt) - what should I do next? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Advertisements