Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help purchasing a gaming graphics card

• Please log in to reply

TomJK

TomJK

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, recently I have purchased a HP Pavillion system. It is fast and really good. But not build for hardcore gaming. I plan to overclock the processor (not too much, but enough to speed it up a bit), upgrade the ram and get a new graphics card. I have the RAM and overclocking sorted, but I need help finding a graphics card. I shall put down the pc's details below and would appreciate it if someone could help me. I am from the UK and don't like ordering online so it would be great if someone could find me a graphics card sold in shops like Harvey Normans, PCWorld or Currys, I am on a budget and not really prepared to pay much more than £100, so please tell me the best deal for the price. Thanks.

Specs:
HP Pavillion P6 2002uk
AMD E2-3200 Processor 2.4GHz
4gb RAM
500gb Hard Drive
AMD Radeon HD 6370D Graphics
That's about it.

Advertisements

theking697

theking697

• Pip
  • 6 posts
First off you will need to know what psu you have also you will want to know how much room in your case some graphics cards are very large and what settings do you want medium high ultra also what is your budget

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts

Hello, recently I have purchased a HP Pavillion system. It is fast and really good. But not build for hardcore gaming. I plan to overclock the processor (not too much, but enough to speed it up a bit), upgrade the ram and get a new graphics card. I have the RAM and overclocking sorted, but I need help finding a graphics card. I shall put down the pc's details below and would appreciate it if someone could help me. I am from the UK and don't like ordering online so it would be great if someone could find me a graphics card sold in shops like Harvey Normans, PCWorld or Currys, I am on a budget and not really prepared to pay much more than £100, so please tell me the best deal for the price. Thanks.

Specs:
HP Pavillion P6 2002uk
AMD E2-3200 Processor 2.4GHz
4gb RAM
500gb Hard Drive
AMD Radeon HD 6370D Graphics
That's about it.

First off you will need to know what psu you have also you will want to know how much room in your case some graphics cards are very large and what settings do you want medium high ultra also what is your budget

All good advice from theking697 :thumbsup:
Your case size is fine but your stock 300W PSU is not, add on video cards can be power hungry so anything less than a good brand 500W PSU from Antec, Corsair or Seasonic is to be avoided.
Your computer specs http://h20000.www2.h...ectID=c03154071