Possible Infection, Generic, in System32, See OTL Log. Thanks! [So
Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:28 PM
Posted 10 March 2012 - 04:05 PM
Can you try to post result (not attach) one more time. If you fail then let's try to continue with steps to clean PC. We'll try run Combofix. After the scan please try to post log.
Download and Install Combofix
Download ComboFix from one of the following locations:
VERY IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop *
IMPORTANT - Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link here
- Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
- Accept the disclaimer and allow to update if it asks
- When finished, it shall produce a log for you.
- Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.
1. Do not mouse-click Combofix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.
2. Do not "re-run" Combofix. If you have a problem, reply back for further instructions.
Please make sure you include the combo fix log in your next reply as well as describe how your computer is running now
Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:13 PM
Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:23 AM
Download Virus Removal Tool from Here to your desktop
Run the programme you have just downloaded to your desktop (it will be randomly named )
First we will run a virus scan
Click the cog in the upper right
Select down to and including your main drive, once done select the Automatic scan tab and press Start Scan
Allow Virus Removal Tool to delete all infections found
Once it has finished select report tab (last tab)
Select Detected threads report from the left and press Save button
Save it to your desktop and attach to your next post
Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:23 AM
Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:50 PM
Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:42 AM
Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:40 AM
Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:41 AM
The best thing to do is delete quarentine files. There is no need for them to be there.
Your logs and system are clean now. I'm glad we fix up your computer. We need to clean up your PC from programs we used.
Please start OTL one more time and click CleanUp button. OTL will restart your system at the end. Remove all other application we used to clean your PC.
Here are some recommendations you should follow to minimize infection risk in the future:
1. Enable Windows Update
- Click Start, click Run, type sysdm.cpl, and then press ENTER.
- Click the Automatic Updates tab, and then click to select one of the following options. We recommend that you select the Automatic (recommended) Automatically download recommended updates for my computer and install them option.
- Click OK button
2. Delete Temp files
Download TFC to your desktop
- Open the file and close any other windows.
- It will close all programs itself when run, make sure to let it run uninterrupted.
- Click the Start button to begin the process. The program should not take long to finish its job
- Once its finished it should reboot your machine, if not, do this yourself to ensure a complete clean
3. Make Backups of Important Files
Please read this article Home Computer Data Backup.
4. Regularly update your software
To eliminate design flaws and security vulnerabilities, all software needs to be updated to the latest version or the vendor’s patch installed.
You should download Update Checker from here. The program will automaticly check for newer version of software installed on your system.
Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:12 AM
Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:00 PM
Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:05 AM
Thank you for your donation! I really appreciate it! Goodbye and see you in Geek U
Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:06 AM
If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.
Everyone else please begin a New Topic.