Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Website Monitoring Help

• Please log in to reply

dijae

dijae

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Mabuhay! in Filipino, means Greetings!,

I am currently finding solutions in monitoring websites without installing something on the end but remotely. Let's say through TCP ports 80,443.. etc. I've searched some help and I see an appliance that can monitor IT infra, production infra, and environmental infra.

But focusing on website monitoring, the appliance requires advance http knowledge in order to go into deep, by knowing and configuring the parameters or strings needed. Given that there are lots of open source or even paid applications like PRTG, Google, etc. But I'm thinking if i want to make my own tool, I need the parameters needed to know and understand the behavior of the website.

Currently I need to monitor the traffic that people are making from the website. The bandwidth and number of hits, like webalizer.

So if anyone knows and a geek to web/http thing, please do share.

Thanks and more power!

Dijae

Advertisements

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
Hello there, and welcome to Geeks to Go! :thumbsup:

I'm sorry it has taken a while to get to you. I hope I can still give my insight on this topic.

I see you want to create your own monitoring tool for web traffic. That's a pretty big thing, and considering there are a lot of open source solutions out there I'd say it would be reinventing the wheel. I'd settle with one of the open source alternatives like Open Web Analytics.

Regards,
Olrik