Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

stuttering playback remains after spyware removal

• Please log in to reply

syco123

syco123

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi

I'm new here as I can usually fix my probs with a quick google but this one wont go away.

Problem:
Playback of all video files stutter while audio is fine. Files work fine on my other PC and the files used to play just fine.

This has happenend before but is usually cured with a full ad-aware scan. Also having too many codecs have caused this too. I've run gspot but only have 2 video and 2 audio codecs running.

I've used the free scan on McCfee and I'm virus free. Ad-aware and spybot both delare me spyware free yet still the playback stutters.

I was following the advice on a website which fixed the prob. Unfortunalty It also cleared my favourites and with it the site address I was using! (I seem to remember it having a mock military theme if anyone knows it). The PC ran fine for a couple of days and is now shite again. Sounds like spyware to me, right?

It's possibly codecs, but I doubt it as it has played fine only a few days ago, or spyware. Maybe a hardware issue, dunno. I'm at a loss as to what to do next.

Could someone walk me through a methodical path to try to track down what is causing this to fix it once and for all.

Thanks

Advertisements