Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trend Micro Renewal popup

• Please log in to reply

oriena

oriena

• Pip
  • 6 posts
every so often my IE opens with this page, it does it by itself and i've tried several online methods to get rid of it but it just keeps coming back. This is the actual address: http://store.trendmi...690&HEIGHT=480. could someone please help me figure out how to get rid of it or acquire a clean version of IE so I don't have it popping up any more?

Advertisements

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
:welcome:

What Antivirus do you currently use???

Download CCLEANER

Just DONT us the registry cleaner function of CCleaner unless you know what you are deleting exactly!!

Then open ccleaner hit the tools button then startup second one down below uninstall then in the bottom right hand corner of ccleaner hit save to text file.Save it to your desktop and post the startup.txt here in your next reply.

Hit the start button in lower left hand corner. Then in the run box type msconfig, then hit the services tab then put a check mark in hide microsoft services what is listed there,after hiding microsoft services?Please post back to us in a vertical list.

Please download MINITOOLBOX When the box opens click save file, save it to the desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following boxes:

Flush Dns
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size
Click Go and post the result.

Also here is a link to the trend Removal tool.
http://esupport.tren...us/1037161.aspx

I want to make one thing very clear DO NOT use the registry cleaner function of ccleaner!!

Edited by rockmilk, 01 March 2012 - 04:25 PM.

oriena

oriena

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Am currently using threatfire. I did try using the trend micro one but IE still kept popping up with that purchase request I finally got so annoyed i deactivated IE. but some sites require it over google chrome so I need to be able to use it w/o that stupid purchase demand. I don't know how to do a vertical list, do i need a special program for that?Attached File  startup.txt   5.5KB   158 downloads

Attached Files

Edited by oriena, 01 March 2012 - 11:04 PM.

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Here you can reset internet explorer to default.Here is a link explaining.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

As far as the vertical list,you will need to manually type out all non microsoft services.Or post a screen shot.
http://wisdom-soft.c...hunter_free.htm
http://www.google.co...iw=1280&bih=687

oriena

oriena

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Attached File  list.txt   844bytes   143 downloads

here's the list u asked for, sry bout the abbreviations

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
I see nothing on your machine that indicates trend micro have the popups stopped after resetting IE?

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
You have
SpySubtract
installed.

That was anti-spyware now owned but not marketed under that title - by Trend Micro.

Have you recently recovered the system from a partition or early image
Previously, SpySubtracter was often pre-installed on new desktop and notebook computers

That is VERY likely the cause of the problem.
That all said, you have many other programs that I would recommend you uninstall.

Chameleon Startup Manager is ONE example.
They may sound good, they may look good, and kit is easy to see why people think they are good, but in essence they simply add to the clutter and do little if anything that cannot be done within Windows and IE - without any of the attendant risks, freqently involved in these programs.

If that sounds harsh, I apologise and of course it is your decision, but the more of these sort of utilities you run the more to go wrong.
YOUR Pando service booster is another example.

oriena

oriena

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
No, haven't done any recoveries. I can remove the spysub and possibly the chameleon but I use Pando. is there a way to use pando w/o the booster? I've tried everything else mentioned here and it's still popping up when it feels like it.

oriena

oriena

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I bought the system used and only put a few things on it, like Pando, after i got it.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
I would try uninstalling the SpySubtract first.

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Open Ccleaner and disable the entries listed below.

Yes HKCU:Run Connectivity Fixer "F:\pgm\Connectivity Fixer.exe" -m

Yes HKCU:Run ctfmon.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe

Yes HKCU:Run Messenger (Yahoo!) "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe" -quiet

Yes HKCU:Run SUPERAntiSpyware F:\New Folder\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
Yes HKCU:Run WinSettings F:\pgm\WinSettings.Exe /load

Yes HKLM:Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup

Yes HKLM:Run VirtualCloneDrive "C:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDDaemon.exe" /s

Yes Startup Common SpySubtract.lnk C:\Program Files\InterMute\SpySubtract\SpySub.exe
Yes Startup User OneNote 2010 Screen Clipper and Launcher.lnk C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\ONENOTEM.EXE

Hit start button at lower left hand corner of the screen.Then in the run box type services.msc. Find the service listed below,one at a time. left click it once you should have the option to either stop the service or restart it , stop the service then right click selected service select properties then change the startup type to manual then left click apply and move on to the next service.If the service is stopped and the startup type is manual then do nothing.

sas core service
apple mobile device
nalpeiron licensing service
bonjour servide
dcservice.exe
evteng
google update service (gupdate)
google update service (gupdatem)
installdriver table manager set this service to disabled
windows cardspace
image converter video recording monitor
ipod service
java quick starter
mbamservice
mscsptisrv
office source engine
office software protection platform
pacsptisvr
regsrvc
spectrum24 event monitor
soni spti service
sonic stage scsi service
windows media player net shar servic

Make sure to stop these services prior to setting to manual

http://technet.micro...ernals/bb963902
unzip Autoruns to your desktop run it.See any entries that read file not found when you see them right click and select delete do this only for the entries that read file not found also uncheck any scheduled task that are set to run on your machine,close the program.

After completing the above task then Please download TFC by Old Timer and save it to your desktop.
http://www.geekstogo...er-by-oldtimer/
Save any unsaved work. TFC will close ALL open programs including your browser!
Double-click on TFC.exe to run it.If TFC doesnt prompt a reboot then please do so manually

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
oriena

It is now some 12 days since the last advice was offered.
Do you have any update for us please.

oriena

oriena

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Sorry took so long to reply.

It's gone, thank you for all your assistance!

Posted Image

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Thank you for the update.
Although all the work was done by my colleague rockmilk.
I simply knew that SpySubtract being an early verson of what is now part of Trend Micro does sometimes cause this.
If INDEED that was the cause.