Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

slowing computer, mouse less responsive, long time loading anything &

• Please log in to reply

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP
The junk file should not have been empty if sfc ran unless you typed something wrong. Try it again.

Let's turn off DWM temporarily since it seems to be using a lot of resources:

Start, All Programs, Accessories, right click on Command Prompt and Run as Administrator, Continue. Type with an Enter after the line:

net  stop  uxsms

(This will switch you back to the Basic desktop. It will come on again if you reboot.)

(Let's also turn off the Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service which is also hogging a lot of resources. It's not something most people need anyway.)

net  stop  wmpnetwksvc

Run Process Explorer again and post the log. Remember to let it sit for a minute before saving the file.

Advertisements

skgrate

skgrate

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
I tried the junk file again and it says it did not find any integrity problems!
and then the second thing turn off windows media player thing said it was an invalid command I typed it exactly and it still wasnot happy did i miss something??

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP
Right click on (My) Computer and select Manage (Continue) then Services and Applications then Services. In the right pane find

Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service

and right click on it and select Properties. Change the Startup Type to Disabled and then hit Apply. Click on the Stop button.

Then run Process Explorer and copy and paste the log. (Make sure you let it sit for a minute or so before you save the file.)

skgrate

skgrate

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Hi Hope you had a good weekend, here is the process explorer log
thankyou

Attached Files

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP
Looking better. Run Process Explorer. Double Click on System. This should open a little window. Click on Threads. You should now see a list of programs run by System. I think by default is should be sorted by CPU usage with the big users at the top. What are the 3 biggest users?

Going off island today. Won't be back on line until late.

skgrate

skgrate

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Hi I cannot see m to find threads, i found the little icon system information but the only threads I found was a box i could not click saying 755, so have not managed the last step!
Thanks
Kate

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP
Try it again but this time instead of double clicking, right click on System and select Properties then see if you have a Threads tab.

skgrate

skgrate

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Hi Found it but need to install a windows de bugging tool from a microsoft website, there are about 3 to chose from and not sure which one?? any ideas
Thankyou
Kate

ps also my cursor jumping around is driving me bonkers do you have any ideas on that number it is wors when emailing i think but also happens when typing to you on this website??

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP
OK. Fired up my XP netbook and it gives me the same indication. I think you want the Windows 7 Version near the bottom of the page. This is apparently a gigantic file so is going to take a while to download. You have to make sure that you check the box for Debugging Tools. I am downloading it now so will post again when it finishes and tell you if it worked or not.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP
It took almost an hour but it finally downloaded and installed and it now works like it should. I didn't even have to close Process explorer and restart it.

Advertisements

skgrate

skgrate

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Hi, Ok I am on it but it says it will take 2 hrs so It will load 2night and will give it a spin tomorow
thank you
kate

skgrate

skgrate

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Hi Bingo I think i have managed it now
The main 2 keep changing but sys main is one of them and wlan svc is the next one, after that there is nothing in the system files column for about 5 items then it is ux sms

Hope this is what we are looking for , let me know??
Thank you Kate

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP
Don't recognize the names. Could you:

Run Process Explorer, click on System then on Threads.

Now grab the System Properties window at the top and slide it to the right of the screen and then let go. (I still want you to be able to see all of the System Properties Window but I want you to be able to see the Process, PID & CPU columns too. View, (on the Process Explorer main page) Update Speed, and Paused to stop the update. Now make a screen copy:
First, Hold down the Ctrl button, then press the Print Screen (PrSc) button on your keyboard. This is located to the right of the F12 key on a standard keyboard.

The image of your screen has now been copied to the clipboard as if you had copied a file.

Open Paint: Start, All Programs, Accessories, Paint.

Edit, paste and the screenshot you took should appear. File, Save As, Click on Desktop in the left pane, change the name to screen then change Save As Type to to JPEG then OK.

Attach the file to your next Reply. It should be on your desktop.

skgrate

skgrate

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Hi Managed to do this and here it is hope it works
thankyou
Kate

Attached Thumbnails

• screenshot.jpg

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP
I'm wondering if Kaspersky is healthy. It seems to be using a lot of memory. I assume you have the license key for it so you can uninstall it and then later reinstall it. If that is the case then try uninstalling it and run Process Explorer and save, copy and paste the log. Then reinstall Kaspersky and run Process Explorer and save, copy and paste the log.

It's 1 AM here so I've got to go to bed.

Ron