Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MSN Hotmail will not work

• Please log in to reply

Jerry Fair

Jerry Fair

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,
My MSN Hotmail account will not work. I can open the account with my user name and password but after the page opens up and I click on anything in the in-box or anywhere else nothing happens. It just does nothing. I cannot open an e-mail or delete or anything. I don't what I did to cause this problem. When I open my e-mail on another computer it works fine. I restored my computer to an earlier date but it did no good. What can I do to fix this problem. I use Windows XP home.

Edited by Moderator : JSntgRvr

Edited by JSntgRvr, 02 March 2012 - 10:25 AM.
Removed e-mail to avoid spamming

Advertisements

Barbarian

Barbarian

• PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
Hi Jerry Fair and :welcome:

Which browser is affected by this problem? Have you tried with another browser and if so, which one?

pryzminc

pryzminc

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am having the same exact problem. I have Win7 64 bit. Hotmail opens, but when clicking on any email, nothing happens. I've used Chrome and firefox, same problem. Before it happened, I updated Win7, then rebooted. At first, I thought that was the problem, so restored. Same problem. I then went to another computer on the network that had NOT had Win7 updated. SAME PROBLEM! same browsers. I did not try IE. I am able to access my email using my Android phone.

I think it is just coincidental that the update happened just before the hotmail issue. I believe this because the same problem exists on the computer that was not updated. This is not good.

Any thoughts out there??