Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Flight Simulator...It's Free

• Please log in to reply

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Microsoft Flight Simulator. It's Back And It's Free

Before you can play, you'll need to download the Windows client for Microsoft Flight. Also, note that you'll need a decent games-spec graphics card in your PC, so check the requirements on the web site carefully. It also requires Windows 7.

Plus, be aware that the download is some 1,500 MB (1.5 GB)

If you're still interested, head to https://microsoftfli...com/en-US/home/

Advertisements

Nutloaf

Nutloaf

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,790 posts
Thank you, thank you. I loved playing that game many moons ago. Snapped a lot of joysticks divebombing in combat flight sim. Just added link to Favs.

Edited by Nutloaf, 02 March 2012 - 05:06 PM.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts

Snapped a lot of joysticks divebombing in combat flight sim.

{ bet that was not anywhere near the amount of planes I crashed... :lol: :wacko:

Nutloaf

Nutloaf

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,790 posts
Nothing better than cockpit view controlling everything yourself.
All you needed was 1 joystick, 98% of the keyboard and 25 fingers. Awesome game. Have you downloaded or just played in browser?

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
neither...I'm working...will get it later

All you needed was 1 joystick, 98% of the keyboard and 25 fingers

so that explains why I sucked so bad...I was missing 15 fingers
:whistling:

Nutloaf

Nutloaf

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,790 posts
Hi Happyrock,

Played first couple of tutorials......... its bloomin marvelous. Managed to unlock Crashtastic Award!
The plane looks like a flying Smart car. Ran the game on full settings to test, and it froze. I have a Nvidia GTS 250 1GB graphics card and 6GB ram so takes a bit of oomph (oomph = power) to play full spec. On medium settings it runs great. Cant believe this is free.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts

Managed to unlock Crashtastic Award

:rofl:
that sounds like me

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I gave up trying to get it t work. Tried all day the other day and it still would not start right. When I finally got it to work the controls to even get the plane off the ground were not working for some reason. KB's just are not that easy to get controls working.

Nutloaf

Nutloaf

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,790 posts
Hi rshaffer61,

I only had problems starting the game when I turned Windows live sign in helper off. Had all sorts of messages about not being installed or windows components missing. Turned it back on and it was fine again. The Steadman is proving difficult, I can get it to land on its wheels, but it then flips over on itself, great trick for the sky, absolutely rubbish for the ground!