Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Printer Spooler Problem

• Please log in to reply

Lustig426

Lustig426

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi,

For the past week, my computer has been giving me a message saying that the "local printer spooler is not running. please restart the printer spooler". I have a computer with windows vista.

I have also noticed that the web browsing has slowed down significantly and am getting alot of pop ups. None of the other forums have worked so far and I could really use some expert advice. I Am pretty sure I have a virus. Please help!

Advertisements

Cotutor

Cotutor

• PipPipPip
  • 494 posts
It is very likely that you are experiencing some sort of infection problem. I highly recommend that you follow the steps here: http://www.geekstogo...cleaning-guide/

Lustig426

Lustig426

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I did that. I paid them to remove all the malware, viruses etc. and the spooler problem is still not fixed. Any other ideas?

Cotutor

Cotutor

• PipPipPip
  • 494 posts
You paid them? I'm sorry, but these are volunteers that help people with virus removals. Can you provide a link to the post you had so I can find out what has been done and help you get rid of the problems?

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,307 posts
Hello Lustig426.... Welcome to GeeksToGo, :thumbsup: :ph34r: :yes:

I'm sorry to hear about your issue. We will try to help you resolve this as soon as possible.
Please understand we are all volunteers and we are not here all the time. Sometimes it may be a extended amount of time to get back to you. If it has been more then 3 days please shoot me a PM and I will try to get back to you quickly then.

You joined March 4th 2012.
You have no other topics or posts. I do not know who you paid, but it was not Geeks to Go because we are volunteers.

I suggest you go to the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal Forum and run all the steps located in the START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post the reguested logs in THAT forum. If you are unable to run any of the tools then start a new topic in the malware forum and put this in the subject line...I am unable to run any malware tools

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

Add a link to this topic so that malware tech can see what steps have been taken here