Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

svchost.exe

• Please log in to reply

mstep0

mstep0

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Does any one know why svchost.exe is using about 100% of my cpu and a large amount of memory on my system. Ive read that it could be caused by automatic updates. I downloaded the patch from microsoft but that didnt help. I also turned automatic updates off but it still using all my resources and making my computer dreadfully slow and almost unusable. Any insight in to this would be very helpful.

Thanks

Advertisements

alexander caldwell

alexander caldwell

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
If you wish to update manually you can disable the automatic updates service. i will post a link to an off site guide i found, click it if you wish.

Make sure you read carefully whether your computer will need the service or not. If you are uncertain then just leave the service alone.

http://www.techknowl...d-speed-up.html

It tells you what services are necessary to have open when starting windows and which are not. This will potentially boost your computer speed a lot depending on how many services you deactivate.