Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Thunderbird date formatting

• Please log in to reply

LANCE_1313

LANCE_1313

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
I've just started using Thunderbird. I have it synced with a Gmail and a University email address. After looking at a number of forum posts I've been told that the default thunderbird format is to show ONLY the time if the email if from today, and ONLY the date if it's from previous days. I'd like this, but unfortunately my emails seem to show different formats. My Gmail account always shows dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm AM/PM. My university account shows ONLY the time if it's today and dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm AM/PM if it's from other days. Now I'm assuming it must be a problem with the email accounts forwarding messages via IMAP because they are different but don't know what to do about it. This isn't a huge deal, but it makes the date column quite wide and I'd prefer to be able to shrink it but not cut off information.

Does anyone know how to change the format to something shorter?

Advertisements