Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NEED HELP WITH GETTING RID OF FILES AND PROGRAMS

• Please log in to reply

claudinersouth

claudinersouth

• Pip
  • 2 posts
[SIZE=1] my computer was given to me second hand and i'm sure there are files and programs that i don't have any use for that i can get rid of. Trouble is i have gotten rid of alot of stuff and should have plenty of disk space. It seems like the more i deleted and uninstalled the less space i ended up with.

I uninstalled Wild Tangent and ever since I get the message: RUNDLL Error loading C:\PROGRA~1\WILDTA~1\APPS\CDA\CDAENG~1.DLL every time I boot.

I have Norton System Works and when I go to CleanSweep there are tons of duplicate files and dll's and other files that i can hopefully get rid of but i have no clue which ones. <_< I am in desperate need of assistence with these problems. I'm on the verge of using my puter for target practice!!!!!

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
If it's a second hand computer, my recomendation would be to remove everything and start over. Did you get a manufacturer's restore disk? Or, do you have copies of all the programs currently on the system so you can reinstall them?

claudinersouth

claudinersouth

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
No i don't have the manufacturer's restore disk and i don't have copies of all the programs that are on the system. Guess i should copy everything and start over. Thank you for your help.

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
well if its an older machine with win98 or 2000- you can back up the data you only want and then do a clean install of the computer with windows xp and then put your data back on...i did this to one of the computers i recieved from a friend that use to be used as a computer company