Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

removed 7 infected, possible registry damage?

• Please log in to reply

saraface

saraface

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
so yeah, i noticed my desktop was running horribly slow. making awful lagging sounds on iTunes when trying to multitask with browser and iTunes at the same time, or any other program for that matter.

if i start up the pc and open only one program, it will run fine, but once i open more, any program opened after the first will get numerous "not responding" errors that correct themselves after about a 20 second wait.

i ran a full scan on MBAM and it found 7 infected items. only one appeared to actually be in my registry, the rest were all malware.

i removed these and restarted the computer only to notice that it was acting more or less exactly the same.

i've run MBAM again and it found nothing, then ran AVAST and it found nothing.

also all my restore points have been removed and i get errors when trying to create a new one.

also SFC crashes immediately when i try to run it.

i can't tell if this is a registry issue or what.

it also has me wondering if maybe my ram cards are going bad because of the multitasking issues.

i'm not the brightest guy and i tend to be wrong about pretty much every thought in my head, so please go easy on me.

also, i am posting this on my laptop because of the browser issues I'm having on my pc, so i'm not sure if i can go about posting a reglog or not.

i'd have to download the log program again, and i don't know if my computer will let me, in the condition it's in.

Edited by saraface, 06 March 2012 - 08:52 AM.

Advertisements

saraface

saraface

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
bump. help please.