Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC won't boot - HELP!

• Please log in to reply

GhostLoad

GhostLoad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
That's weird, when I tried to access the folder before,I got a could not access error. Now I'm able to get into it fine.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

That's weird, when I tried to access the folder before,I got a could not access error. Now I'm able to get into it fine.

may have been just a glitch but glad it is working now. All you would have to do is then copy that info to your new installation folder for Chrome.
That should put everything back to what you had with Chrome then with no bookmarks lost.

GhostLoad

GhostLoad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
I couldn't figure out how to copy my bookmarks for chrome however, I dragged the file unto am open browser window and read through the code to find the couple of URLS I couldn't already remember. Everything seems good to go now. Gonna back up the data I wanted saved from my old hard drive, reinstall all the programs I had, and format my old hard drive once I'm done. Thanks a ton for all you help!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Please update me with the final results or any other questions you have. I will continue to monitor this topis for your updates. Congrats for getting so far in such a short period of time. You are doing great with everything. :thumbsup:

GhostLoad

GhostLoad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
Everything seems 100% good to go, except 1 little weird thing I noticed. No matter what changes I do to my Windows appearance (changing window colors and other things) none of it seems to apply. No matter what it's the same blue color. The only thing I can change is the background, and even when I do that and save it as my theme, the wallpaper never really saves to my theme. If I change back to a default one (with a default wallpaper) then go back to the one I saved, it didn't save my background whatsoever and it still uses the same one from the default theme prior to me switching. Hope the wording isn't confusing, just trying to figure out why none of my changes seem to be applying.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Using WIn7 or XP? Sorry I forgot which one.

GhostLoad

GhostLoad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Same one I am using. What steps are you taking to do it so I can make sure you are doing it correctly. Please be exact with each step.

GhostLoad

GhostLoad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
Right click background > Click personalize > Click the theme I want.

If I try to change the colors of windows (after I'm in the personalize window) by using Window Color, none of the changes ever really apply.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you clicking at the bottom where it says Window Color Custom?
Then you click Save Changes?

Advertisements

GhostLoad

GhostLoad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
Yep, but it doesn't actually change anything.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Hmm strange as I just tried it and it worked fine for me. My desktop is actually set to change so I would have expected if it wasn't going to work it would not have for me.

GhostLoad

GhostLoad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
Hmm that's weird, I just tried to do it again and after clicking Window Color Custom it goes to a different window with color options and that works fine. Previously, a different window would pop up and I could change the colors of stuff using a drop down menu, though that popped up window actually did nothing. I guess it's all fixed now, though I don't know why it was doing that before, and I'm too tired to worry about what made it work now. Thanks again for your help! I'm off to bed lol. Goodnight. :D

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK goodnight and let me know if there any other issues.

GhostLoad

GhostLoad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
Everything seems all good, thanks for being my co-pilot through this frustrating journey. I wouldn't say I have any issues anymore, just an almost-annoyingly-loud fan (which I knew was going to happen because I ordered 2x really powerful ones) and that odd re-occurring thing each time I boot.

I hit the power button, it starts to boot up (shows my motherboard screen etc) then shows the loading Windows logo. Up until that point everything is going fine, then the keyboard lights go off and the monitor turns black, with my monitor power light blinking (the same it does when the PC is off) and stay that way for about 5 seconds or so, then both suddenly pop back on and I'm at my Windows login screen.