Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Kingston HyperX Desktop Memory Kit - 8GB $29.99

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
HERE

Kingston KHX1333C9D3B1K2/8G HyperX Desktop Memory Kit - 8GB (2x 4GB), PC3-10600, DDR3-1333MHz, 240-pin DIMM, CL9, 1.5V, Non-ECC, Unbuffered

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
pick up 2 sets and have 16 GBs for $60.00 WOW

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• Topic Starter
  • 34,114 posts
:thumbsup: Yeah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
I paid $86.00 for a 512 MB stick of DDR 400 corsair value select ( the cheap stuff)
back when I started building computers (2002) and would put in two sticks as a minimum...
back then 1GB of RAM running XP was considered good...
my how times have changed... :wacko:

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• Topic Starter
  • 34,114 posts
Yeah I remember when 128 meg sticks came out and the shop I was working for bought 5000 dollars worth and I think there was only 20 sticks at that time. Now you get 16 gigs for less then what one of those 128 megs cost back then. Then again 1 gig hd's had not even started then. When Maxtor released their 3 gig hd everyone went crazy for them only to have a good percentage fail within a couple of months. :whistling:
Now you have 3tb drives and they are closing in on that all important 5tb size. ;)

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
yep...with most components dropping in price except high end mobos and cpu's I can build a state of the art system for the same money that a high end system cost back then but the new ones are tens or even a hundred time more powerful than the old systems were... :thumbsup:

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
I run Kingston HyperX in systems I build for customers and I haven't had any problems. So for Christmas I asked for 24gb (2 12gb kits). I think at that time from the local MicroCenter it was $65 for each 12gb kit. (triple channel). I ended up only getting 1 kit, but 12gb is still nice.

Anyhow, yeah, prices are unbelievable for this kind of memory and it works great. Also, I've seen some of these kits going for half the cost of new kits on sites like Craigslist. 8gb set for $15-$20. WOW! It took every ounce of me not to call and buy it to bring my 12gb to 20gb... not to mention running over and over in my head how I can convince my wife it was ok to blow $20 on something she knows I don't need... :lol:

Hey Happyrock and rshaffer! Nice to see you two again...

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
where you been Ferrari

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
My computer business is growing so that keeps me pretty busy. I keep in touch with some forum members on Facebook, but I've actually deactivated my Facebook account for the time being for personal reasons.

I sneak in at G2G every once in a while, and I'm trying to make an effort to stop in more often from now on.

Other than that, all is well, nothing dramatic or traumatizing happened. haha...

EDIT: Married now too! July 26th, 2011.

Edited by Ferrari, 09 March 2012 - 01:56 PM.