Just a few notes based on your feedback:
- Would you believe I'd never noticed CCleaner's startup enable/disable functionality? You taught me something new this time! Yes, it might be a good enough alternative to Soluto, especially since CCleaner is so lean and doesn't run all the time.
- I don't think I'd do a disk wipe ever, much less on a scheduled basis. That's functionality that really isn't needed in general, though it has occasional uses. By wiping the drive, you're also removing the possibility to use data recovery software to get back accidentally deleted material. I can see using it if you carry sensitive material for a corporation or something, perhaps.
- Choosing an antivirus product requires just as much research as anything else, and our recommendations change over time. Programs will fall in and out of favor based on their speed, accuracy, system load, and removal ability among other things. It's probably not a bad idea to ask around when the time comes, to see what is being recommended then.
- I don't believe MVPS hosts file is like TeaTimer at all - Spybot S&D does have host file entries in the same manner that MVPS does, but TeaTimer has a completely separate function from that, being to announce things being run so you can choose to kill them or allow them. I don't think Spybot touches your hosts file unless you update Spybot, at which time it has a checked option to update it. I haven't looked closely, but I believe any auto-run in MVPS would be simply to check for updated entries. I don't know enough about the program to tell you for sure.
- I'm not sure why searchindexer would be sticking so regularly, but it's certainly worth looking into. Perhaps the guys in the Windows Vista section of the forums have some ideas? I know that the index can not only be created from scratch, but also can be deleted prior to rebuilding; perhaps that's what's needed? My knowledge in that area is a little weak, so it might be best to research or ask their advice on that.
I'll go ahead and close the topic - if you have further questions, you can always ask me or a mod to open it again, or start a new topic.