Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Upgrading to a Geforce GTX 570 Graphics card

• Please log in to reply

atmywitsend

atmywitsend

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hi,
I would like to upgrade my system to a Asua Geforce GTX 570 graphics card (I have a Asus P7P55D mother board, inside a Coolermaster Cosmos S case) and was wondering if i would have enough room left for my sound card, as I've read these cards take up a lot of room on the mother board, or go for a smaller card (the Zotac GTX 570 AMP)I'm also going to upgrade my PSU to a Corsair TX 750 V2 and was wondering if this would be enough power for my new card......any idea's ??

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Hi Wits End and :welcome:

Sadly, you did not tell us what sound card you have, so I say wait and see. That said, that motherboard has excellent on-board sound to begin with, so not sure why you would need an add-in sound card.

atmywitsend

atmywitsend

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hi,
the sound card is a creative fatality sound blaster X-fi,
atmywitsend

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
The Asus 570 covers 3 slots and is very heavy. The EVGA Classified gives better performance and covers 2 slots.

http://www.newegg.co...2^14-130-692-TS

Review. http://www.legitrevi...article/1763/9/

Also shows the Zotac.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
How is your upgrade going?

An update would be very welcome.

atmywitsend

atmywitsend

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hi,
i have just upgraded my PSU to a corsair TX 750 V2 and thats all in place, just now waiting for the end of the month and payday
and it will then time to choose the right graphic's card, and the jury is still out on that at the moment...........!

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Thanks for the update.

Great shame that you could not order both cards and send back the one you did not want. Let us know how your chosen card performs.
If your old PSU is still good, keep it as a test unit for troubleshooting.

atmywitsend

atmywitsend

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
If i'm going to be honest, it looks like I'm going to go for the GTX 570 EVGA classified.
I've found a good price on the internet and after reading all the feedback from customers
and what you have have said from the start, I feel it's the way to go.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Thanks agian. Good luck with the upgrade.

Basmastersix

Basmastersix

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
Atmywitsend,

Just to add as a side note, the asus 570 GTX, while massive in size, gives incredable cooling performance.

I own the Asus GTX 570 DCII ...Link: Asus GTX 570 DCII

And while the performance may be slightly lower than the EVGA (which confuses me... unless the EVGA card you are looking at is factory overclocked... because otherwise it should be the same exact Nvidia chipset) ... The air cooling performance from the Asus will stomp the EVGA card into the ground.

Example: Playing Battlefield 3 on "high" settings, my GPU never exceeds 49 degrees celc.

Proof: This screen shot was taken after 30 minutes of game play. I put the BF3 into Windowed Mode, and took a screen shot of my temperatures.

Posted Image

- Basmastersix

Edited by Basmastersix, 05 April 2012 - 11:12 PM.

atmywitsend

atmywitsend

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hi basmastersix,
thanks for the info,(the EVGA card is over clocked at 822Mhz) and I would like to thank everone who posted a reply to my question.
To let everbody know what i went for, I installed my Corsair 750 V2 PSU a couple of weeks ago and i went for the EVGA GeForce 750 GTX Classified
and I am not disappointed, it is quick !!!!!! Now all I have to do is start saving for a new motherboard and i7 upgrade !!!!
Thanks to you all once again,

Atmywitsend