Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

(Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)System.IO.FileNotFoundException

• Please log in to reply

Maxwell Purrington

Maxwell Purrington

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
In response to post #58 I posted what I hope was the information wanted regarding the disk drive that I am having difficulty with on my old laptop.

There has been no response since then so I wished to find out what the status of this was.

Please let me know.

Thank you

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Maxwell Purrington

My apologies, that somehow your post in reply has been overlooked.

It is now rather a long thread we are on post 62.

I am not familiar with the thread at all, but from what I have seen on a quick look, most of it has concerned the new laptop, I think.

I do not know what O/S is on the old laptop, however it does not make that much difference.

Click Start
Right click Computer or My Computer if XP
Click manage
Click Disk management in left pane.

Is the CD/DVD drive shown in Disk Management please.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
My apologies, Maxwell. I had some problems with Outlook and somehow missed the notification of your posts. They are there, just marked as read. My bad... :blink:

Macboatmaster has graciously stepped in and has a good suggestion...let's follow up on that.

Maxwell Purrington

Maxwell Purrington

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
We are working on my old laptop which operates on Windows XP

The CD/DVD drive is shown in Disk Management.

Thank you for your assistance.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Let's uninstall the optical drive and have windows reinstall it.

Right click on "My Computer" and choose "Properties".

In the Properties window, click on the "Hardware" tab....then on the "Device Manager" button.

Expand the DVD/CD-ROM drives section. Right click on the optical drive and choose "Uninstall". Confirm the changes, close all open windows, and reboot.

When Windows starts, it should detect and install the optical drive automatically. Reboot again...for good measure...then see if the drive functions.