Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Motherboard for AMD FX 6 core and Radeon 6950

• Please log in to reply

jj97101

jj97101

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, I need a motherboard for a PC that I am planning to have built for me but I need the specs etc. I am a real noob at this kind of thing, here are my specs so far, I hope I've included everything you need to judge which motherboard I need and I apologize if I put in too much information. Also if I need anything else for in my specs then can you please tell me. Here are my specs so far:

ASUS Radeon HD 6950 (EAH6950 DCII/2DI4S/2GD5) 2048MB PCIe

AMD FX 6-Core Black Edition FX-6100

Seagate Barracuda 7200 1 TB 7200RPM SATA 3Gb/s 32MB Cache 3.5 Inch Internal Hard Drive ST31000528AS-Bare Drive

Corsair 8GB (2x 4GB) 1333mhz PC3-10666 204-pin DDR3 SODIMM

Thanks a lot.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I am very partial to Asus motherboards and more specifically their Crosshair models. This board HERE is the newer model of my board and I am extremely satisfied with it. The motherboard has the expansion slot for your video card and does handle the CPU you want which is a AM3+ interface.
Looking at the specs on the motherboard it has 7 SATA connectors and what looks to be a total of 12 USB connections. :blink:
It also will support up to 32 gigs of memory so no issue as long as you are running a 64 bit OS on this monster. :lol:

jj97101

jj97101

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I am very partial to Asus motherboards and more specifically their Crosshair models. This board HERE is the newer model of my board and I am extremely satisfied with it. The motherboard has the expansion slot for your video card and does handle the CPU you want which is a AM3+ interface.
Looking at the specs on the motherboard it has 7 SATA connectors and what looks to be a total of 12 USB connections. :blink:
It also will support up to 32 gigs of memory so no issue as long as you are running a 64 bit OS on this monster. :lol:

Thanks a bunch, just wondering, does it matter how many bits my operating system is? Because to keep costs down I want to buy a 32 bit version of windows 7, I am already pushing my budget to the max with these specs and that's not even including labor so...

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
A 32 bit OS will only utilize 3.5 gigs of memory at best.
A 64 bit OS can handle much more.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 26 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.