Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trojan horse hider, win32 lebag win32 heur I'm riddled HELP [Close

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

nobbyburton

nobbyburton

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
Ran OTL, killed processes, then nothing happened all icons went as expected, was expecting it to reboot by itself but it didn't do I did task mgr to restart, couldn't boot safe mode with networking, gets through the list on screen of drivers than stops try's to boot floppy disk then reboots again so looks like something is preventing it so it loops out, once I get back in this time will just go straight to your suggestion on kasperskys av but may struggle to access as soon as I get back in virus etc just restart

Advertisements

nobbyburton

nobbyburton

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
Getting somewhere, it's found the threats I've been getting and is removing fingers crossed, says goi g to take a whilembutnhopefully not 20 hrs!

Avg is obviously hopeless and I need to get some badass av like kasperskys

nobbyburton

nobbyburton

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
After first run found loads of threats which I deleted, it then said something to do with restart and spent nearly 2 hours clearing 200 more before completing that and restarting, when it restarted more of my usual start up icons appeared but there is still a conflict with some program's, like HP, keeps asking for disk for Trayapp.msi but I'm presuming these problems aren't the virus/Trojan but was caused by the attempts to remove it but hopefully can fix those problems later when system is stable. It was late when it completed this stage and when I tried to run kasperskys. Av again it said reboot in safe mode as no drivers? So will be trying that soon..

Thank you for staying with me on this, this has without doubt been the worst pc problem I've ever had

nobbyburton

nobbyburton

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
Getting really pissed off now, won't start in safe mode, gets so far and then just reboots, I've taken a pic on my iPad of the screen to see how far it gets but for some reason struggling to attach pictures in the forum from ipad2

nobbyburton

nobbyburton

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
webkit-fake-url://6A188467-1D0C-4C98-86D5-5D1E83C28980/imagejpeg

nobbyburton

nobbyburton

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
@Teamfs-as please view my twitter to see pic

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
OK then from normal mode run the AVP analysis section now and attach the zip folder. We will need to do this a stage at a time, as I feel there will be a lot of damage to repair

Now the Analysis

Rerun AVP and select the Manual Disinfection tab and press Start Gathering System Information

Posted Image

On completion click the link to locate the zip file to upload and attach to your next post

Posted Image

nobbyburton

nobbyburton

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
Slight problem, was getting annoyed with the constant apptray disk messages on each restart so deselected 2, avgtray and HP control from startup using msconfig, this caused me to be unable to get xp to boot normally, so am now trying to use bootcfg rebuild to fix my boot.ini
Stupid I know but I thought what I was doing was a harmless thing to save time, has cost me 3 extra hours so far

nobbyburton

nobbyburton

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
Annoying thing is apart from not booting I to safe mode, pc appeared ok when I first turned on this morning hadn't tried to run Avp normally though

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
So currently you are unable to start in any mode ?

HAve you tried startup repair from the CD ?

Advertisements

nobbyburton

nobbyburton

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
Yes doing that now, disk is in but boot.ini not able to be read but it was found, so it suggested doing a chkdsk /r which it's doing now , 2 hrs in

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Do you have a restore point that you could go to ? The option will be on the CD

Posted Image

nobbyburton

nobbyburton

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
On a microsoft site mentions about bootcfg and how to repair, been following
Have completed chkdsk r but still couldn't do bootcfg scan so site said to keep doing chkdsk until it was clean could take a while
What so u think

nobbyburton

nobbyburton

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
Think I tried that but unsure may do if this next bit doesn't work, am struggling now

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
If need be I may be able to work outside of windows. Can you burn a CD ?

And can you confirm that it was just AVG and HP tray that you disabled