Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Monitor Video Board or Capacitor

• Please log in to reply

codingideas

codingideas

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hello,

I have a LG Flatron w2452T that has this strange issue. Frequently on about a 1/4th of the screen there is this snowy effect. This only happens on the bottom of the screen. If I touch it - it fixes it. It seems to happen more and more often. I read on youtube that sometimes these monitors have a overheating issue and people have fixed some issues with replacing some capacitors. I think they have a different issue though with screen not working at all.

How do I troubleshoot this issue? Have you seen such a problem and fixed it? If so - how did you do it?

Thanks for reading and I look forward to your answers.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,025 posts
Hi codingideas

A problem with a screen itself is no easy task to try and repair yourself.
Best suggestion is to ask a TV repair centre for the price on a service, this would also include cleaning any dust out that may be causing static or generating additional heat.

One quick check that you can do is to make sure that your PC to screen cable is secure (finger tighten only).

codingideas

codingideas

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Thanks!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,025 posts
You are welcome, good luck with it and let us know how it is going.
If the issue is not resolved please provide your computer details so we can look at other possible causes and solutions.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,307 posts
You could try another monitor. That way if the problem goes away you know it is the monitor.
Other wise it would be in the computer whether it is a video card or driver.

But since you touch it and it goes away seems to indicate its the monitor.