Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

System tray icons will not go away

• Please log in to reply

Sking0

Sking0

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
Hi.
I have a Bluetooth and Skype icon appear in my system tray today. Whatever i do they will not go away.
I have right clicked/close or exit. That doesn't work, they just just reappear after about 10 seconds and Skype
login window comes up on the desktop. I have ended the processes in task manager but they reappear. I am sure
i have had this before but i can't remember how i got rid of them. They are not listed in the startup programs.
I had to download Nokia pc suite today to update my phone, i think this may have something to do with it but because
i was stressing about my phone being broken i failed to see whether the icons were there before i d/loaded Nokia PC suite.
I am running Windows XP SP3.
Oh, and i tried closing Bluetooth through Network connections menu. This is driving me nuts :help:

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
Not use with Skype but just one suggestion, did you check in the options/preferences of Skype if you have a choice to have it start as soon as an internet connection is detected.

Sking0

Sking0

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
Thanks. Nothing worked so i uninstalled skype. That fixed it ;)