Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Efficiency, Throughput Calculations - Theoretical

• Please log in to reply

tzioneretz

tzioneretz

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi everyone:

I have a class assignment concerning computing throughput, efficiency, propagation delay, etc. I scoured all the material made available to the class and did research online, to little avail. All the formulae I found do not take one or another of the variables given into account. Can anyone help? I'm not really interested in the answer; I want to understand -- in clear and simple terms -- how this works and how to do it.

These are the tasks:

1. We send data in 1 MB packets using the GBN protocol (window size = 4) from Armidale to Sydney (terrestrial line: 500 km). What are the conditions on the transmission speed for the efficiency to be 90%?
2. We send data packets using the GBN protocol (window size = 128) using a satellite link (transmission speed: 0.1 Mbps, total propagation delay: 280 msec). What are the conditions on the packet size for the efficiency to be 100%?

Thanks so much,
Michael

Advertisements