Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

In need of a geek to help with simple forum design

• Please log in to reply

petsponies

petsponies

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey all!

Me and a friend are creating a website where people can share information about pets...how to care for them, etc - but neither of us have any real experience in web or forum design.
We have a basic website set up with WordPress and it looks OK, but what we really need is a proper Forum so we can start having conversations with people about their pets.
I've added a basic forum to our website but it's....well it's pretty [bleep] to be honest hah, and I don't have a clue how to modify it any further...I was told I am supost to edit the CCS but I have no idea what that is or how to edit it to make it look half decent.

Anyway, we're hoping someone could kindly help us out with our forum, to get it looking reasonably professional by giving it a slight overhaul. If somebody has experience in this field and could help us out, we'd be so greatful!

Happy to let someone with experience log-in to our admin page to do what they need to do.

We're getting pretty desperate! We just want a simple, presentable forum! All this text-code *cough* [[bleep]] *cough cough* is doing our heads in!!
We can't pay unfortunatly, but we're happy to do any favours possible over the net (ie. clicking on your website adverts or something)? You name it.

Our website is www.pets-ponies.com

Thanks for reading. Really hope you can help!

Paul & Diana,

New Zealand

Attached Thumbnails

• guitarnew 013.jpg
  • oi and jelly.jpg
  • meh 077.jpg
  • IMG_0349.jpg

Edited by petsponies, 10 March 2012 - 10:40 PM.

Advertisements

petsponies

petsponies

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
bump

petsponies

petsponies

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
bump please someone help!

Agrafagr

Agrafagr

• Pip
  • 3 posts
my respect to you ))

petsponies

petsponies

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
could anyone help us out?

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

could anyone help us out?

Hey there petsponies,

I'd be happy to help you out with starting up a forum.... Ofcourse at no charge Posted Image

Although I must say I am tight for time, but when ever I have the opportunity I will do what I can... I should also say though, when the forum is up and running, it'll be easy to maintain with someone who has little experience.

So just drop me a Personal Message if you are still interested and we can then take it from there...

Peace Out Posted Image

virtous

virtous

• Pip
  • 8 posts
If you want a secure and good forum, google phpBB. It's free and very popular.
phpBB provides admin accounts, user management like ban/block. Post management i.e Delete/Edit

Good luck with your site.