Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Outlook Express 6

• Please log in to reply

melodiuse

melodiuse

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Everytime I restart the computer and open up Outlook Express 6, I can't send/receive because it changes the actual incoming mail server from "mail.twop.edu"* to "localhost." So in order to send/receive mail, I have to type in the actual POP3. This problem doesn't happen when I close it and open it again in the same Windows session.

It's not the worst problem ever, but it'd make me a little bit happier if it never happened again. :tazz: Thanks.

*in a made up example

Advertisements

Guse

Guse

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
Hey there, moldiuse

You don't use PC-cillin by any chance, do you?

melodiuse

melodiuse

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I do, indeed! ...Darnit, no wonder. (I had reformatted my computer and installed PC-cillin at the same time, and just attributed the problem to the reformat.)

I just uninstalled it and it works fine. Thanks!

Edited by melodiuse, 03 June 2005 - 11:13 PM.

Guse

Guse

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
No prob.

If you still need a virus scanner, can I suggest AVG? Click Here