Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ran network set-up wizard. Now can not log on

• Please log in to reply

Robert Everest Johnson

Robert Everest Johnson

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My main computer at home was my work computer. I was allowed to take it with me when terminated. It had been connected to the company domain. In a fit of stupidity, I ran the network setup wizard and removed the domain thinking I could then make it part of my home workgroup. Now, of course, I can not log into windows and I do not know the companies administrative password so I can not log on as administrator. Is there anything I can do other than throw in another hard drive and re-install XP on that drive and at least, save my files. I am hoping there is a way I can undo the damage as it is the programs that are as valuable as the data.

Advertisements

skifxr

skifxr

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
Run this either from a floppy or CD and clear the administrator password.

You should invest in a separate physical drive (USB or internal) and backup your important data on a daily basis so situations like this aren't as troublesome.

Robert Everest Johnson

Robert Everest Johnson

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
[Thank you] x [1024]

Worked like a charm once I figured out how to write an *.iso file to a CD.

Robert