Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BD Drive shows non existent Disk

• Please log in to reply

Immortalarena

Immortalarena

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
I just put together a new computer and the only issue I can see is that the Blu Ray Burner seems to think there is a Audio CD in the drive at all times. This has caused iTunes and other applications to close.

Since there isn't a disk in the drive I inserted a BD disk, and it played fine. But after a restart the drive thinks this Audio CD is in there again.

I've upgraded the Firmware, and tried just uninstalling it from the Device Manager, but to no avail.

Anyone have any other ideas on fixing the cause?

Thanks!

ATAPI iHBS212 BD Burner.

It was working in the Old computer, just started doing this in the new one.

Attached Thumbnails

• BD Disk.PNG

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
In searching around, I found a couple others with the same problem. One was resolved by updating the motherboard's SATA and chipset drivers. The other was resolved by swapping to a different set of SATA ports (which may have used different drivers). The point is, both pointed to the motherboard, not to Windows or the drive. Since this is a new computer, check the motherboard maker's website for the latest drivers for that board.

Parisi

Parisi

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am seeing the exact same issue on a brand new Asus based system. I have all the latest drivers and bios. Any other thoughts?

Also, what did you search for to find other posts about this??

Thanks,
Paul.

Edited by Parisi, 13 March 2012 - 09:19 PM.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
[quotename='Immortalarena']This has caused iTunes and other applications to close.
[/quote]How was that determined? Does iTunes toss up an error message?

@Parisi - is this causing problems with other applications for you too?

[quotename='Parisi']Also, what did you search for to find other posts about this??
[/quote]I started with this, empty BluRay drive shows as audio CD - then just followed some of the hits.

Mod note - Just a reminder this is immortalarena's thread. Parisi's problem can piggy-back here while it continues to look like the "the exact same issue". I note the drive model for Immortalarena's drive indicates a Lite-on drive, and Parisi's is an ASUS (though both may be the same OEM provided model, and thus driver too).

Parisi

Parisi

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My comment about my system being an Asus was referring to the motherboard. The Blu Ray burner is an LG.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Okay, still not a Lite-on so same thing applies. Thanks for clarifying.