Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Delayed Write errors plus Battery backup Curse

• Please log in to reply

CaseyJ000

CaseyJ000

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I was on the Malwarebytes Forum and got some great help from Kasdah in June. My Battery Surge protector started started to fail and I bought a new one. around the same time I started to get "Windows Delayed File Write" errors. I bought a new battery backup and unfortunately I installed the new Software disk. The next time I tried to restart my Administrator Password window wouldn't come up. I restarted in Safe Mode, did 2 system restores back to before the day I got the Delayed Write errors. I looked at my thread on Malwarerbytes and found my way here, because the link for OTL no longer worked. I got these Logs from OTL as you can see It's still looking for the "APC PowerChute Personal Edition 3.0" even though I removed the program and disconnected the wire. MalWarebytes is cuurently running a scan but I have to leave. I wasn't sure the "Delayed File Write" wasn't some sort of Virus. But I changed all the check boxes that 'Enable Write Catching' My computer keeps freezing up at this point and I have to keep restarting it. I know I need to upgrade the operating system but I'm also not sure if the Hard Disk has to be replaced also.
I'll check in during the day at work. Thanks in advance for any help.
system Specs
Dell Precision Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
Version2003 Service Pack 2
5110@160GHz
8 GB of RAM

Attached Files

• Attached File  OTL.zip   19.77KB   126 downloads

Advertisements