Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Spore wont install

• Please log in to reply

ericdragon08

ericdragon08

• Pip
  • 3 posts
My PC wont install spore, I met all the requirements and it wont even say the disk is in their. Basicly it is as if I put nothing in their. The disk will run on another PC of the same type (Windows XP) and my PC will run other disks. Any advice on how to fix this?

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
Hi and welcome,

Does any disc work in the drive?

Troy

ericdragon08

ericdragon08

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi and welcome,

Does any disc work in the drive?

Troy

Sorry for not replying, kinda gave up on trying to get it to work. Yes other discs do work while some just don't dor example Spore and Civ won't work while Total war and Sims does. I know its not the disc because it works on other computers.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
I have seen a similar issue before, in the end we just replaced the drive and everything started working properly. You can pick them up for about $20, so have you considered replacing it?

ericdragon08

ericdragon08

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I have seen a similar issue before, in the end we just replaced the drive and everything started working properly. You can pick them up for about $20, so have you considered replacing it?

Yeah, but I was hoping for another way to fix it. If its the only way then I guess i'll have to.