Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows freezing and lagging

• Please log in to reply

Cait Walters

Cait Walters

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I posted this in another forum but the focused on only one thing and not it all. We go to start the computer up and it takes a long time, its only a more recent problem. It freeze and takes around 30 minutes to load. Avast loads OK, but wont let us access it for a while and MSE just shows up red and wont access at all until the computer fully loads which again takes on average half an hour. Last night once it was passed the rough patch of half an hour to load we did the windows updates and everything froze but unfroze and loaded correctly. Anyone have any ideas on why this could be happening? We have CCleaner, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, and SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition and run run them at least once a week. If you need more information or i forgot something just let me know

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello Cait Walters...

Try uninstalling either Avast or MSE. They are likely in conflict and the cause of your machines instability. If it were me, I would remove the Avast as I suspect it is set to run a scan on boot and is causing the slow boot times. This is one of those situations where too much protection is not a good thing.

wannabe1