Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

LapTop Freezes, please help me!

• Please log in to reply

beerox

beerox

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi all, this is blowing my mind...

I have a problem thats killing me cos im not sure what causes it. So this is what happens:
I can do everything without a problem, except when im loading something on the internet, doesnt metter if its a download or a youtube video, it freezes randomly while loading/downloading, im not sure but i think it started to happen since windows updated to service pack 1.

I tried everything, changed all possible drives and updates, tried SP 1 hotfix for freezing, formated and reinstalled Windows (already with SP1, couldnt get one without SP 1), turned off firewalls, removed antivirus.

Forget to mention, when it freezes the sound gets static, playing the same millisecond repeatedly, i cant move the mouse or use the keyboard, only way to go back is to force restart, but sometimes it comesback, everything goes back to normal.
And i can play videogames pushing it hard and nothing happens.

My pc is an ASUS k50iD with Windows 7 Home Premium 64x Service Pack 1

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Please Run the PCPitstop.com OverDrive Full Tests

Here's how:

You must use Internet Explorer for this procedure. (doesn't work so well in Firefox or others). If your machine is running Vista or Windows 7, you must Select IE to “Run as Administrator”. After completing PCPitstop OverDrive you can close your IE browser and re-open it Normally so that you are no longer running as administrator.

Go to: http://www.pcpitstop...pit/default.asp
Click on "Free Computer Check-up" listed below PC Pitstop OverDrive
In the User Login - Click on "Sign up FREE!"
You'll need to submit a valid email address and create your own password, then click - Create Account(button)

Now enter your email address and password to Log in, Select - Scan this system Now!(button)
You will then be asked to download an ActiveX component and allow it to install.
It is safe and does not compromise your privacy.
Follow the on-screen prompts to install the ActiveX and to allow the Full Tests to be run on your machine.

The Full Tests take about 2 1/2 - 3 minutes on most machines.
When complete, a Results - Summary - Recommended Fixes will be displayed.

Please post the URL internet address, from your Results, back here into this Topic Thread so that we can review the configuration and present performance levels of your machine.

Note: During the graphics 2D and graphics 3D testing, your screen will display some rapidly moving objects.
If you are sensitive to visual flashing, it may cause dizziness. Therefore, look away from the screen during that portion of the testing.

After reviewing the results we will be more informed and may be able to provide better recommendations for you to work towards improving your machine's performance.

While PCPitstop does offer a variety of Paid Products, the PCPitstop OverDrive testing is FREE. Please ignore the references to Paid Products. We prefer to provide manual solution instructions that you can apply directly to your machine.