Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer continues to run

• Please log in to reply

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
I can tell you where the fan is located. It is in the front of the computer. I will not take my machine back to him for he was very smart with me when I asked about the fan running all the time. I seem to be on a streak of finding places that fix computers. One could say, I am somewhat upset by some of their attitudes. But, we will let that go. Now, do you think it will be all right to run or do I need to find another shop that fixes these machines. I do respect your opinion and know that you will be up front with me. By the way, thank you for that.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK if it what I think it is then it is a secondary case fan that is pulling cool air into the system.
If that is the one then it is like a 10 dollar fan depending on what size it is.
If possible can you get a picture of it for me and I will check it out.
Please let me know what the full make and model is of the Dell and maybe I can find it that way for you.

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
Well, about the picture, I shall see if my grandson can do it. He is pretty good messing up my computer, maybe he can help me with that. I can get you the other information off the machine, right? Thank you for your help, you really are a nice guy you know that?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yes there should be a make and model usually on the front or back of Dells.

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
You will like this. My husband told me to call the shop and ask to speak to the owner. I explained to the owner what I was told by (Ron). He was very nice. He said, "If you would bring your computer over we shall check and see just what is going on and this will be of no cost to you. I am sorry for your problems and this will be taken care of." I thanked him and hung up. Yes, go to the top. So, now tomorrow we will take it back and the owner will take care of this himself. Imagine that! That is so neat. I have to go that way tomorrow anyway so it isn't like I am making a special trip. I sure do want to thank you for you are always there to help me out of some really dumb problems. God bless you.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
No dumb problems just dumb mistakes by people who should know better. Please let me know what they find and if they fix it. I would suggest having them hook it up and show you it works before you leave the shop. ;)

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
I will take your advice. I will make sure it works before I bring it home again. Thank you...I will let you know what they find also. I am curious also to see what the problem is. I don't think it is a $140.00 fan, how about you? Have a great weekend.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Like I said I have never seen a 140 dollar fan in a system. The most expensive fan is the PSU and you can buy a new one of those complete with a fan inside for about 60 dollars.

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
I have the computer back. The case fan was replaced. No charge for anything. I got an apology for a man who was not there to give it for himself. It worked fine there and is working fine here at home. One thing, I never knew the computer was as old as it is. It is 7 years old and she really never used it after she got her laptop. So in years it is old but not in use. Thank you once again for your help. You seem to be willing to help with any prblem and that is so nice. Not many like that anymore. God bless you.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You are so welcome and I am glad the manager\owner took good care of you. He sounds like a honest man and will do what it takes to make his customers happy.
Anytime you have a problem feel free to let us know and one of us if not myself will jump right on it.

Advertisements

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
I do know that and it is nice to know that there are those who will help even us who don't know much about our computers except we love them. My Mom is 87 and she told me if she could see, she would have a computer and she really would. Thank you and God bless you.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
There are some apps that will allow the system to speak to your mom. Now getting around I'm not sure of.

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
Now that is very interesting. I may have to do some checking. She would be thrilled. Thanks for letting me know. I do know that it would make her a very happy lady. :thumbsup: