Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Severe Hardware Issue's

• Please log in to reply

samdcam

samdcam

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
This has been an on going issue now. I keep getting different types of BS'sOD. I kept getting a memory_management BSOD, and my computer would have a hard time booting.I narrowed it down to a RAM issue and I believe I had a bad chip. I bought some new RAM and it was working fine for a short period of time. I thought it was a virus so I ran a scan and 'BDS/Prorat.JYP' came up and it turned out to be a bad one, so I re-installed windows, but I still get the BS'sOD.

Here's a list about the types of BS'sOD.

memory_management
pfn_list_corrupt
bad_pool_hearder
system_service_exception

If I can get any help on how I can narrow down and finally fix the issue, it would be VERY appreciated.

Thanks,

Sam

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hello,

Are you able to run another memory diagnostic please, memory can go bad even if you have replaced it. Did you ever run a memory diagnostic the first time or just replace the RAM on your belief?

Cheers

samdcam

samdcam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I didn't the first time, but I tested them separately. I just ran the tool but it said no errors were found. I believe I ran this once a couple days ago, and the very first time it said there were hardware issues or something. Every time i used the tool after that it still said no errors.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
What tool are your running? If it's not, please run Memtest86+ for few hours (preferably overnight), it should be able to run forever and a day without a single error.

Cheers

samdcam

samdcam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I was just running the windows memory diagnostic. I ran memtest over night and on the right side where it said errors, it would like over 100000 and still going, does this mean the memory is bad, my computer has been BSOD free for the last few days, so I don't know what's going on.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Yes! Even 1 error and I would say to replace the RAM. Now the trick is to work out which RAM module is faulty (if you have more than one). The method here is to remove all but one stick and test. Then rotate until you have tested all of the RAM modules individually. When I do this I make 3 piles. 1) Untested 2) Tested - PASS 3) Tested - FAIL. Then eventually everything goes from pile 1 into either pile 2 or 3.

samdcam

samdcam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I scanned all 3 and then separately, and it found nothing...so I'm a bit stumped...

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
So when you put them together do they still fail?

samdcam

samdcam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
No, Actually it has been running fine. The last time it BS'd on me was when I was on skype...