Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cpu fan starts for a while...no boot up!

• Please log in to reply

balmukund

balmukund

• Pip
  • 1 posts
my cpu and smps fan works for a while after that it stops working, but cpu motherboard light remains on, pc doesnt boot up, no cpu beeps,
for checking smps i removed all my motherboard connections and shorted green and black, then smps fan works continously....
plz help me out

Advertisements

eyetripoli

eyetripoli

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

my cpu and smps fan works for a while after that it stops working, but cpu motherboard light remains on, pc doesnt boot up, no cpu beeps,
for checking smps i removed all my motherboard connections and shorted green and black, then smps fan works continously....
plz help me out

Hi,

What kind of hardware are you using? Which kind of components are you using? Have you checked the following:

- All necessary power cables from the PSU into the motherboard and core peripherals. Make sure all connections are secure internally and externally.
- A lot of motherboards require additional power other than the main ATX 12V cable.

When you press the button on the case, does anything happen?

-Have you hooked up the cables from the button on the case to the motherboard?

Let me know,
ieee