Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Slow Computer OTL log enclosed

• Please log in to reply

67mopar

67mopar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
yes I guess thats it, how did I miss it?, anyway.. suggestions

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
This is the memory types you can get:

Memory Type: DDR PC2700, DDR PC3200, DDR (non-ECC)

This is max memory and the slots you have for memory:

Maximum Memory: 1GB
Slots: 2

This is your memory slot limitation specs:

Each memory slot can hold DDR PC2700, DDR PC3200 with a maximum of 512MB per slot.*

I would suggest buying two of these HERE
Take out your old memory and replace it with the two new modules. Your ending result will be the maximum 1 gig of total memory. Total cost 37.98 plus tax. Standard shipping is free so no worries there.
5 to 9 days for delivery.

67mopar

67mopar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
I added 256mb from a card I had, and it seems to be working ok now, thank you for your time and help.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
That gives you a total of 512 which is a lot better but still low in today's standards. I would suggest when you can follow my instructions in post 17. The only other way to speed everything up is to do a complete format and reinstall but be warned that as you add programs and your autoruns increase then your system will slow down. This also can be because of a Av running in the background that uses a lot of system resources.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 19 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.

67mopar

67mopar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
Yes I thought I had posted I was all set. Thank you guys /Gals sooo much, I really appreciate the help.

Thank You, Dean

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yes you said you added memory but I was just following up to see how things were working now. :thumbsup:

67mopar

67mopar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
Ha ha It was twice as fast :) I just picked up a box that has 3 gigs so I may upgrade again, but not until the teenager using it screws it up again.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I can understand that one for sure. I have 6 systems I keep running here not counting a friend who I have repaired his laptop twice in the last month.