Step 1.Run ESET Online Scan Note
: You can use either Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox for this scan.Vista / 7 users:
You will need to to right-click
on the either the IE or FF icon in the Start Menu or Quick Launch Bar on the Taskbar and select Run as Administrator
from the context menu.
Please go here
then click on:
If using Mozilla Firefox
you will need to download esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe
when prompted then double click on it to install.
All of the following instructions work with either Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox.
Step 2.Security Check
- When prompted allow Add-On/Active X to install.
- Make sure that the option Scan archives is checked.
- Now click on Advanced Settings and select the following:
- Scan for potentially unwanted applications
- Scan for potentially unsafe applications
- Enable Anti-Stealth Technology
- Now click on:
- The virus signature database will begin to download. Be patient this make take some time depending on the speed of your Internet Connection.
- When completed the Online Scan will begin automatically. The scan may take several hours.
- Do not touch either the Mouse or keyboard during the scan otherwise it may stall.
- When completed select Uninstall application on close, make sure you copy the logfile first!
- Now click on:
- Use notepad to open the logfile located at C:\Program Files\ESET\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt.
- Copy and paste that log as a reply to this topic.
Download Security Check by screen317 from here
Save it to your Desktop.
Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt;
please post the contents of that document.Step 3.
security check log
Please give me an update.