Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

ACAD 2000, Windows xp, HPdesignJet ..can't print

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am using Windows XPpro w/SP3 with Autocad 2000. and an HP DesignJet 500 printer.
I recently had to format my hard drive due to a virus. I reinstalled all my programs,including ACAD2000 and put all my drawings on an external hard drive, and for some reason I am having trouble getting these entities to work together to print my ACAD drawings. (I ha no problem printing before this)

I installed the HP raster driver, dj500pclwuman.exe for windows xp.
I am able to print from CorelDraw and do everything else on ACAD except print/plot.
I get error messages stating that "either driver cannot be found, device cannot be found or driver has a problem", then switches to "Non plot device", then redirected to "Fast track to plotting help". and then I get a "memory allocation error".

I've been trying now for a few weeks with no success.