How to Access prevoius windows file in new reinstalled windows7?
Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:38 PM
Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:44 PM
I'm not sure why it would be in green text... I'm not familiar with that, but what you need to do is probably take ownership of the file.
In Vista and Windows 7 there is a nice registry edit that lets you easily do this.
- Download TakeOwnership.zip HERE
- Unzip the folder to a easy location to remember i.e. Your Desktop
- Right Click on Add_Take_Ownership and select MERGE. Accept all OKs, etc.
- Now go to the folder or files you are having problems with and right click
on them and select "Take Ownership".
- A Command Prompt will open and depending on the size of the folder it may
take a millisecond to several minutes to take ownership of each file within the folder.
It will close once it has completed.
- Now you can access the file or folder with no problem.
Better Tutorial Here... http://www.vistax64....-ownership.html
Edited by Ferrari, 17 March 2012 - 03:46 PM.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users