Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Which Monitor ?

• Please log in to reply

kelly1

kelly1

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
I have a huge heavy clunky old monitor and may have a chance to pickup one of the newer style monitors, does it matter which type I buy or will they all work with my comp ? it's an HP Compaq Presario SR 1500 NX. thanks in advance,

Kelly

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Hi kelly1
Can you let us know which country you are in so we can provide links for you to check out suggested screens.
Things to consider include 1: yours is an older computer and the motherboard ( MB ) has an integrated video chip and the option to fit an AGP type video card, do you know which you are using. 2: you must ensure that you purchase a screen that has a DVI/VGA port and not HDMI only.

kelly1

kelly1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Thanks phillpower2, I am in Canada, my computer is all original I'm not sure if it has a video card. I don't think it does.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Has a backlight, built in speakers and a $10 mail in rebate.
http://www.newegg.ca...N82E16824236100
As with all suggestions I recommend that you read the Newegg feedback tab to get the opinions of people who have previously purchased the item.
I hope that this meets your requirements or at least gives you an insight of what to look for if you can purchase the same or a similar product closer to home or for less cash.

kelly1

kelly1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Thanks again phillpower2, actually I'm not looking for a new product I probably should've made that more clear, a number of employment offices in my area are going out of business and will be auctioning off all their office equipment soon, so I need to know which type of monitors will and will not work with my computer.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

Thanks again phillpower2, actually I'm not looking for a new product I probably should've made that more clear, a number of employment offices in my area are going out of business and will be auctioning off all their office equipment soon, so I need to know which type of monitors will and will not work with my computer.

No worries, you need a VGA/DVI port on the screen and you most likely already have the required adapter.
If not let us know and we can advise you on what you need :thumbsup:

kelly1

kelly1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Thank you :thumbsup:

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts