Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MYCLEANPC.COM

• Please log in to reply

Hattie Hardiman

Hattie Hardiman

• Pip
  • 1 posts
IN MY OPINION THIS DIDNT WORK AND I WOULDNT RECCOMEND IT TO ANYONE. MY PC STILLS HAS THE SAME ISSUES. IT FREEZES AND I STILL CANT FIGURE OUT WHY. IT HAS LOTS OF RAM AND IT DOESNT NEED TO BE DEFRAGED SO IM JUST SAYING THAT THEY DIDNT DO WHAT THEY SAID IN THE AD OR ON THE WEB SITE. IS THERE SOMETHING I CAN DO NOW? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Hello Hattie.... Welcome to
GeeksToGo, :thumbsup:
:ph34r: :yes:

I'm sorry to hear about your issue. We will try to help you resolve this as soon as possible.
  • Please understand we are all volunteers and we are not here all the time.
  • Sometimes it may be a extended amount of time to get back to you. If it has been
    more then 3 days please shoot me a PM and I will try to get back to you quickly
    then.
  • Please do the following and supply the requested information as needed. If you
    don't understand my instructions please ask and I will try to explain them
    clearer for you.
  • Do not attempt any steps unless instructed or ask before to
    make sure they will not cause any further issues.
  • If you are receiving assistance in any other forum site please let us know as there may be conflicting advice given.

Before we can help you need to provide the following so I can start you in the right direction.
Laptop or Desktop?
  • If a name brand system then what brand, make and model is the system?
  • If custom built then what brand, make and model is the motherboard
  • Total memory installed
  • Total hard drive capacity and free space
  • What steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue

Once you have posted this info I will move this topic to the correct forum and we can begin resolving your issue. I agree with your assessment of the program and it is known to be a very bad program. In fact any miracle program like that will do more hard then good.

NKGuy

NKGuy

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
If your system needs to just be defraged then Smart Defrag by IOBit is your best choice.

http://www.iobit.com...martdefrag.html

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

IT HAS LOTS OF RAM AND IT DOESNT NEED TO BE DEFRAGED

Premature speculation at this point since you don't know what the cause of the issue is right now.

If your system needs to just be defraged then Smart Defrag by IOBit is your best choice.

NKGuy suggesting a defrag at this point is frugal since there may be steps needed before running this to resolve the initial issue. We need to wait to get the information I first asked for along with the below to see the disk management screenshot.

Go to Start then to Run
Type in compmgmt.msc and click Enter
On left side click on Disk Management
On right side you will see you hard drive.
Now I need you to take a screenshot and attach it to your next reply. Do the following to take a screenshot while the above is open and showing on your desktop.

To do a screenshot please have click on your Print Screen on your keyboard. It is normally the key above your number pad between the F12 key and the Scroll Lock key
Now go to Start and then to All Programs
Scroll to Accessories and then click on Paint
In the Empty White Area click and hold the CTRL key and then click the V
Go to the File option at the top and click on Save as
Save as file type JPEG and save it to your Desktop

Attach it to your next reply

Amlak

Amlak

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

http://www.iobit.com...martdefrag.html

Sorry but, in my experience working with computers, defrag has always been pointless. When a system's going slow, there are so many other things one can do to speed it up without having to defrag at all. Besides, defrag often takes too long to do much anyway.

Also, IOBit software aren't recommended here.

To Hattie, I agree. That site in the topic title doesn't sound trustworthy at all.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

Sorry but, in my experience working with computers, defrag has always been pointless.

I would agree with Xp, Win7 and Win8 but it is still viable for the average user to maintain their system.

When a system's going slow, there are so many other things one can do to speed it up without having to defrag at all.

True depending on the original issue and computer use of the user you may be helping.

Besides, defrag often takes too long to do much anyway.

I'm not sure what Defrag program you are or may have used but I have used Auslogics Defrag for years now and the average defrag I run takes less then 15 minutes. Now there are exceptions I assure you as in the case of my wife's aunt's laptop that took a hour to do but it had never been done in 5 years. Now just think if it takes that long to defrag then the system is spending time looking all over the hd for bits and pieces of programs and data. Would not straightening it out make sense in order to allow the system to run more efficient and to possibly take out that variable on any system that may be running slow?
I agree since XP the OS has been much better in controlling fragmentation in your system but it still is not 100% resolved so a little help once in awhile will not hurt.